Recipe for Buttercream Frosting
Makes enough to frost a 3-layer 6-inch cake
[wc_row][wc_column size=”one-third” position=”first”]
200g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
250g Icing Sugar
1/2tsp Vanilla Bean Paste/ Vanilla Extract
2-3Tbsp Milk (not a must)
Food Colouring (Americolor Dusty Pink; Wilton Royal Blue and Americolor Sky Blue)
[/wc_column][wc_column size=”two-third” position=”last”]
- Beat unsalted butter till creamy.
- Gradually sift in all icing sugar, and beat on low speed.
- Beat on medium-high speed for around 5 minutes (or 15 minutes by hand) till mixture is fluffy and doubled in size.
- Add in vanilla extract/bean paste.
- Divide into two equal portions and dye into desired colour with food colouring.
Buttercream frosting can be stored for up to 7 days in an air-tight container and refrigerated.